The one thing real men have in common is they know how to bring out a woman’s inner beauty. The rest is bound by individuality and personal taste. Some men enjoy the hype of outdoor sports while other men find thrill with online games and stuff. It’s a manifestation that all men are different. That’s true even when choosing hairstyles. With varying lifestyles and hair types, hair care for men varies too. It’s more than just using a shampoo and drying it with a towel. That’s why Healthy Hair Lifestyles bring you hair care tips for different hairstyles.
Best Hair Care Tips for Different Hairstyles of Men
Hey man, listen to this: Taking care of your hair doesn’t make you any less of a man. A good hair care practice wouldn’t hurt your manliness, so try to invest on one. Here are hair care tips for different hairstyles to guide you.
Men with short hairstyles like a buzz cut have less hair on the head than other hairstyles. But, that doesn’t mean they need less of attention. A short hairstyle exposes your scalp more, so you might want to focus on that. You should be wary of having dandruff and dry scalp. Invest on a good quality anti-dandruff shampoo that won’t dry your scalp. Visit your stylist or barber for a regular trim. When the time comes that you have decided to grow your hair back, use growth-enhancing natural shampoos for a healthy growth of new hair.
Long hairstyles such as a shoulder length cut will need a little more care that is intricate. Aside from keeping it clean with shampoos, you should use moisturizing products so your hair stays smooth and silky. Now, if you think that sounds too feminine, you better not because long hairstyles on men don’t look attractive at all when frizzy and dry. You need to use conditioners and moisturizing treatments regularly.
Curly hair normally looks drier than other hair types. Sporting a curly hairstyle requires you to have a hair care routine that involves a deep moisturizing treatment at least once a week. Keep a wide tooth comb inside the shower and use it to detangle your hair while conditioning. Then for your daily upkeep, use hair serums or leave-on conditioners to keep curls handsomely luscious. Water-based products are best for curly hair to avoid dryness caused by chemicals. If wearing a long curly hair, you may use blow dryers but keep it down a notch. Heat may cause further dryness and hair damage as well.
African American brothers with naturally kinky hair can wear a shaped afro or just grow it bigger. Whatever hairstyle you want, you need a regular hair conditioning routine more than any other hair type. Use creamy, sulfate free moisturizing cleansers for washing. Then always follow with a regular conditioner. Prep up for the day with a rich moisturizer or styling cream. Kinky hair is very fragile, so you need a regular protein treatment to keep hair strong and healthy.
Natural Hair Care Products
Most brands of commercial hair care products today have a separate product line for men. They offer shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatment products specially formulated to meet men’s needs. Aside from a more masculine fragrance, some of these products contain stronger concentrations of cleansing agents.
Male scalps produce 50% more sebum than female scalps. Too much oil and dirt build-up on the scalp could be a perfect recipe for infestation of dandruff causing microbes. This is why men’s hair care products such as anti-dandruff shampoos are often stronger.
You can use these chemical-based products or you can go for natural options like essential oils. These are powerful extracts from plants or certain parts of plants. They are usually used for aromatherapy and massage. Nutrient rich essential oils like argan, almond, and castor oil come from plant seeds. They carry important properties that help promote the health of hair, skin, and body.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Hair Care
Castor oil is especially known for its hair care benefits. To backup these hair care tips for different hairstyles, a good natural product like castor oil is a great investment. This oil is rich in hair-enhancing nutrients such as vitamin E, protein, fatty acids, and lots of moisture! It also carries a high concentration of ricinoleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid that promotes hair growth.
What are the benefits you get from using castor oil for hair?
- Stronger Hair: When applying the protein-rich castor oil for hair, you are basically infusing it with more protein. As the hair’s building block, added protein makes hair stronger as it repairs the damage.
- Thicker Hair: The ricinoleic acid found in castor oil boosts circulation of blood in the scalp, thereby promoting hair growth. Men with thinning hair should use it regularly to thicken hair.
- Less Hair Fall: Men are prone to hair loss or male pattern baldness. Due to the strengthening action, men who are experiencing hair loss may have less hair fall.
- Healthy Hair That Shines: A tough look is a surefire magnet to women. But, a man with frizzy, dull looking hair surely doesn’t look attractive. Castor oil for hair keeps it moisturized and hydrated. It stays healthy and gets the sheen it needs.
- Dandruff-Free Hair: Due to an active lifestyle and natural body reactions, men typically are prone to dandruff. Protect yourself by using castor oil. It helps relieve dry skin and contains anti-bacterial properties that help treat dandruff.
Effective Castor Oil Recipe for Men’s Hair
Want more general hair care tips for different hairstyles? Make your own refreshing anti-dandruff solution with castor oil. It helps cleanse your scalp while keeping your healthy and tough on breakage. It promotes blood flow to the hair follicles too. This helps grow thicker hair fast the natural way. Try to do this easy natural hair treatment at night before bedtime.
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
How to Do It:
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and blend well.
- Warm the oil by placing the jar of oil in a bowl of warm water for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Apply the warm oil on the scalp, then massage gently and spread throughout the length of hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap to avoid stains on the pillows. Leave overnight as you feel the refreshing effects of the oil blend.
- Wash hair and scalp thoroughly in the morning with water and shampoo.