Effectiveness of Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth
Most castor oil users, especially first-timers, often wonder how effective castor oil is for growing eyelashes. It’s normal to be a skeptic when it comes to improving yourself. Lucky for you, your lingering doubts and fears on using castor oil for eyelashes finally end today. Here are the three key things that explain why and how castor oil truly works:
Contains Vitamins and Minerals
Castor oil contains vitamin E and protein that work together to strengthen hair. The oil targets every hair strand from within. Vitamin E is an effective antioxidant that repairs damaged hair follicles while protein fortifies hair to prevent breakage. Applying castor oil for eyelashes makes them strong, so they don’t break or pull out easily.
Carries Lots of Moisture
Every drop of castor oil is a powerhouse of moisture. Moisture is very important in hair health. It not only makes hair strands smooth and silky, they keep them from being dry and brittle. Castor oil seals in moisture to keep your eyelashes hydrated and healthy. Your eyelashes are thinner compared to the hair that grows on your scalp. Washing your face and applying cosmetics to eyelashes makes it thinner and more prone to breakage. By using high-quality castor oil for eyelashes, you can keep it thick, resilient, and shiny.
Rich in Essential Fatty Acids
Castor oil boasts high amounts of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. The most abundant of which is ricinoleic acid, about 85 to 95 percent of the oil’s composition. This unique compound from castor oil plays the most important part in growing thicker eyelashes. It actively boosts the circulation of blood at the hair bulb to encourage hair growth. With the added vitamins, minerals, and moisture, your eyelashes stay strong and healthy, as it grows fabulously longer.
Another essential oil that is rich in essential fatty acids, as well as moisture and vitamin content, is argan oil. It has hair benefits similar to castor oil, including hair growth. You can mix it with castor oil to create the natural eyelash growth serum recipe you will learn in the next section.
Get to know more about argan oil and its benefits for hair growth. Learn tips and how-to guides on effective use of argan oil for hair.
Castor Oil Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe
A longer set of eyelashes is a classic feature that gives women a more feminine look. Many have gone to great lengths and tried different ways to achieve it – from eyelash extensions to eyelash growth serums. Unfortunately, false eyelashes may accumulate dirt on it while chemical-based products may contain harmful ingredients. They cause allergic reactions and eye infection to others.
With castor oil, you can create your own eyelash growth serum that is natural, safe, and effective. Here’s what you need and the simple steps on how to make it:
Materials You Need
- Empty mascara tube with mascara wand
- Pair of scissors
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 capsule vitamin E
- Combine all oils in the empty mascara tube.
- Create a small hole on one end of the vitamin E capsule using a pair of scissors. Pinch content into the tube as well.
- Close the cap and shake to mix well.
- Apply your natural eyelash growth serum regularly.
6 Steps to Apply Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Now that you have your castor oil eyelash growth serum ready, it’s time to learn how to apply it. It seems pretty simple – you just have to put the oil on, leave it, and repeat until eyelashes are thick. Here’s how you make it work and get positive results.
Materials You Need
- Face cleanser
- Eye makeup remover
- Applicator brush, mascara wand, or cotton swab (whichever is available)
- Face towel or washcloth
- Pure castor oil or your natural eyelash growth serum
- Remove any traces of makeup, especially in the eye area to keep them from getting into your eyes.
- Wash your face using a gentle face cleanser and pat dry with a towel or washcloth.
- Take some castor oil eyelash growth serum using any available applicator. Be careful not to take excess oil to avoid dripping.
- Apply the castor oil eyelash growth serum to your eyelashes. The direction should be from the base to the ends.
- Leave overnight to allow the oil to work.
- Repeat regularly until results are visible.
Best Time to Apply Castor Oil on Eyelashes and How Often
Here comes the big tip. Excellent results do not happen overnight. Even the natural process of eyelashes growth, without using any enhancer, takes time and patience too. When using castor oil for eyelashes, all you need is to stick to a regular routine. Give it time and a bit of commitment for results to be worth it. That’s all it takes to get those naturally long eyelashes you’ve always wanted.
So, when is the best time to apply castor oil for eyelashes? For the oil to work, it needs enough time to absorb into each strand of your eyelashes. It is best to apply before bedtime and leave it overnight. This gives plenty of active time where the oil does its job.
Before castor oil became a trend for lengthening eyelashes, it was already popular for growing naturally long hair. It makes hair extra smooth and healthy, as it adds volume and body.
Find out the best way to use castor oil for hair growth. Learn easy-to-do recipes that effectively work in keeping hair strong and healthy as it grows.
Safety When Using Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Fabulously long eyelashes are definitely attractive but carelessness is not! Here are a few extra reminders to ensure your safety when using castor oil for eyelashes growth.
When not used or stored properly, castor oil or any other eyelash products could lead to negative side effects such as the following:
- Redness of the eyes
- Itchiness around the eyes
To avoid any of the side effects mentioned above, here are a few safety precautions you should keep in mind:
- Avoid contact with eyes. Remember, your eyelash growth serum is meant for your eyelashes and not for your eyeballs. Any products not suitable for eye application may cause serious side effects and could even lead to vision impairment.
- If you feel a sudden itchiness or burning sensation while using castor oil, discontinue use immediately. Wash your eye area with running water and see an eye doctor if necessary.
- Do not use castor oil if you are allergic to it. If not certain, perform a patch test before using castor oil on eyelashes to test your sensitivity.
- Store castor oil in a cool dry place. Keep them away from direct sunlight and always cover the bottle tightly. This will help preserve the natural properties of castor oil and will extend its lifespan as well.
- Keep the castor oil product away from children’s reach. Castor oil is known for its laxative effects and may not be good for children when taken at high doses. Ask for medical help in case of accidental swallowing.
- Always keep your applicators clean. Wipe mascara brushes with a clean paper towel or wet tissue after every use to avoid product and dirt buildup. A dirty applicator may cause irritation of the eyes.
Best Type of Castor Oil to Use and Where to Buy
The final and most important tip you should know is how to choose a castor oil product. Using a high-quality product is key to successfully growing longer eyelashes with castor oil. Check if the castor oil you are buying is cold-pressed.
A 100% organic cold pressed castor oil is the best type of castor oil to use for growing eyelashes. It contains the highest amount of nutrients than any other castor oil types. Cold pressing is done without the aid of chemical solvents. Therefore, this product is pure and safer to use.
There are various ways to buy cold pressed castor oil. You can go to pharmacies, organic stores, and beauty shops. If buying at department stores, go to the personal care aisle and look for the shelf of essential oil products. You can ask for assistance when needed.
If you can’t go to a physical store for some reason, the best way is to buy castor oil online. It is very convenient and easy to do. Simply visit a trusted online store such as Amazon or head to the brand’s website. You order right at the click of your fingertips!
Get more information on the best brands of hair products available in the market today. Healthy Hair Lifestyles gives you thorough reviews of each brand to help you out with your castor oil shopping!